By Michael E. Schuckers
Compensating for this desire, this distinctive text/reference presents a uncomplicated statistical method for practitioners and testers of bioauthentication units, delivering a suite of rigorous statistical tools for comparing biometric authentication structures. This framework of equipment should be prolonged and generalized for quite a lot of functions and tests.
This is the 1st unmarried source on statistical equipment for estimation and comparability of the functionality of biometric authentication structures. The ebook makes a speciality of six universal functionality metrics: for every metric, statistical tools are derived for a unmarried approach that comes with self assurance periods, speculation exams, pattern measurement calculations, strength calculations and prediction durations. those equipment also are prolonged to permit for the statistical comparability and review of a number of platforms for either self sufficient and coupled data.
Topics and features:
* offers a statistical technique for the most typical biometric functionality metrics: failure to sign up (FTE), failure to procure (FTA), fake non-match cost (FNMR), fake fit expense (FMR), and receiver working attribute (ROC) curves
* provides tools for the comparability of 2 or extra biometric functionality metrics
* Introduces a brand new bootstrap method for FMR and ROC curve estimation
* offers greater than a hundred and twenty examples, utilizing publicly to be had biometric info the place possible
* Discusses the addition of prediction periods to the bioauthentication statistical toolset
* Describes sample-size and gear calculations for FTE, FTA, FNMR and FMR
Researchers, managers and judgements makers wanting to check biometric platforms throughout various metrics will locate inside of this reference a useful set of statistical instruments. Written for an upper-level undergraduate or master’s point viewers with a quantitative historical past, readers also are anticipated to appreciate the subjects in a standard undergraduate information course.
Dr. Michael E. Schuckers is affiliate Professor of information at St. Lawrence collage, Canton, big apple, and a member of the heart for identity expertise Research.
Read Online or Download Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics) PDF
Similar number systems books
This e-book defines the large program of the paintings of modelling. the most emphasis is at the imaging of dynamic tactics that are analysed and subdivided into their atomic materials by way of platforms research. The cyclic constitution and the levels of versions’ set-up are defined. The evaluate of a model’s caliber is thought of as a stochastic technique.
An unique motivation for algebraic geometry was once to appreciate curves and surfaces in 3 dimensions. fresh theoretical and technological advances in parts akin to robotics, machine imaginative and prescient, computer-aided geometric layout and molecular biology, including the elevated availability of computational assets, have introduced those unique questions once again into the leading edge of study.
This edited quantity involves twelve contributions relating to the european Marie Curie move of information undertaking Cooperation of Estonian and Norwegian Scienti c Centres inside of arithmetic and its functions, CENS-CMA (2005-2009), - der agreement MTKD-CT-2004-013909, which ? nanced trade visits to and from CENS, the Centre for Nonlinear reports on the Institute of Cybernetics of Tallinn collage of know-how in Estonia.
Delivering an creation to isogeometric tools with a spotlight on their mathematical foundations, this e-book consists of 4 chapters, each one dedicated to an issue of specific pursuits for isogeometric tools and their theoretical realizing. It encompasses a educational on splines and generalizations which are utilized in CAD parametrizations, and offers an outline of geometric modeling strategies that may be used in the isogeometric method, with a spotlight on non-tensor product splines.
- Introduction to Reversible Computing (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science)
- Understanding Complex Datasets: Data Mining with Matrix Decompositions (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)
- Non-commutative Gelfand Theories: A Tool-kit for Operator Theorists and Numerical Analysts (Universitext)
- Ingenieurmathematik kompakt mit Maple (German Edition)
- Inverse Problems for Partial Differential Equations: 127 (Applied Mathematical Sciences)
Additional resources for Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics)
Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics) by Michael E. Schuckers